I realized today why I love Sundays so much: it's the only day throughout the week when I can slow down
and actually be still.
It's time set aside for true contemplation.
I scribble my flow of thoughts the day long--even more than usual.
I don't feel like I'm wasting time, because I do what I want to do, with the people I want to be with.
compassionate (adjective)-- having tender feelings; all heart, being big, benevolent, charitable, commiserative, forbearing, going easy on, humane, indulgent, kindhearted, lenient, merciful, old softie, piteous, responsive, softhearted, sparing, sympathetic, tender, understanding, warm.
service (noun)--aid, help, the condition of being put to use, a kindly act, favor, benefit, courtesy, duty, indulgence, kindness, labor, ministration, supply, usefulness, value, work
The Lord knows what's up. He knows exactly the calling I need in this ward, one that will help me get outside myself and just serve.
Go Compassionate Service.
These girls have no idea what's coming to them.
Sacrament meeting. So peaceful. So spiritually saturated.
Thoughts throughout:
Don't be afraid to cry, to show emotion, to feel vulnerable. Don't worry about hurting your pride by confessing faults or mistakes.
Set aside your haughtiness and just love someone today.
Of all the sad words of tongue or pen,
the saddest are these:
"It might have been!"
--John Greenleaf Whittier

Guess what? The Church is true.
and actually be still.
It's time set aside for true contemplation.
I scribble my flow of thoughts the day long--even more than usual.
I don't feel like I'm wasting time, because I do what I want to do, with the people I want to be with.
compassionate (adjective)-- having tender feelings; all heart, being big, benevolent, charitable, commiserative, forbearing, going easy on, humane, indulgent, kindhearted, lenient, merciful, old softie, piteous, responsive, softhearted, sparing, sympathetic, tender, understanding, warm.
service (noun)--aid, help, the condition of being put to use, a kindly act, favor, benefit, courtesy, duty, indulgence, kindness, labor, ministration, supply, usefulness, value, work
The Lord knows what's up. He knows exactly the calling I need in this ward, one that will help me get outside myself and just serve.
Go Compassionate Service.
These girls have no idea what's coming to them.
Sacrament meeting. So peaceful. So spiritually saturated.
Thoughts throughout:
Don't be afraid to cry, to show emotion, to feel vulnerable. Don't worry about hurting your pride by confessing faults or mistakes.
Set aside your haughtiness and just love someone today.
Of all the sad words of tongue or pen,
the saddest are these:
"It might have been!"
--John Greenleaf Whittier
Guess what? The Church is true.

3 comments:
The quote by John Greenleaf Whitier was painted on a wall in an English classroom at BYU-Idaho. I've never forgotten it. It makes me want to improve myself.
I also love Sundays because of the quiet. I feel the spirit deeper and more genuinely on Sundays because I deliberately take more time to with no music, no noise. Just me, pen, scriptures, journal. I love it.
AHHH!!!!!
You are really honing your writing voice, Claire. Everything you post gives us a direct line to your heart, and as Dad says, always includes a little "quirk" that makes us smile. Keep filling up those notebooks. You are my girl.
Post a Comment