Saturday, October 18, 2008

My, how I love to run.

As my mother claims I said as a youngster, I love the way my body feels when I move it. Laziness is not the way to go in this world—believe me, I’ve tried it. I ran three times this week, about three and a half miles each, once with hills and twice without. It’s amazing how my day goes 100% better when I have already ran that morning. I’m certainly not as tempted to snack on the infamous chocolates and pastries of Vienna. I also feel more capable and motivated to check things off my many daily checklists. Yes, running is a good thing.

Best thing about my run this morning? I didn’t get whistled at once! This is not me being conceited. European guys have no shame, especially those working construction (I tried going earlier in the morning, but it made no difference). I’m not sure if it’s because today is Saturday, or because I just got lucky, but no one even paid attention to me this morning (except the lady walking her dog through the Rathaus park, but that was only because her dog’s leash almost took me out). I have concluded that my run was successful.

I was talking to Katie the other day and apparently there’s a Utah marathon in April. It’s been on my mind all week. I don’t know if this is even a feasible option for me, but then again, I didn’t think I could run that hard leg of the Ragnar Relay either...

D&C 58:26-28

3 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

I also enjoy running; however, I've lacked the motivation for a while now. I do love the feeling of one foot at a time connecting with the pavement. Wind rushing past my face as I contemplate life. Love it.

Katie said...

Claire.
I love this post... I am glad that you could articulate these feelings... April is a mighty fine month to run 26.2

brooke said...

AGHH.....i want to do it so badly! you're going to have to push me.