Monday, March 23, 2009

Inches and Falling.

I desperately want to post something wonderful today--some sort of insight into the past week of my life, some profound thought that might inspire you.

Nothing's coming.


I have filled six pages in the past 24 hours and yet nothing seems adequate. Or maybe I just don't feel like sharing.


This was written about six hours ago. Much has happened since then.
Oh. My. Goodness.
Life is good!

The wind came a blowing through P-town today, swirling our hair every which way and trying to take our skirts for a ride. Luckily we made it to church without any major modesty issues. It sure was blustery though, and you know what stormy weather means:
something exciting is going to happen.

I just had no idea how exciting my night would be.

Honesty is the best policy. I know you've heard it, but do you believe it? Do you believe in sticking yourself out there, being vulnerable, letting your soul show? I'm starting to. I'm also learning to believe that sometimes it's even better to wait until someone shows themselves to you, let's you know their pure insides. It takes a lot of guts, I know. It may take a while for your heart to return to a steady rhythm or for your stomach to quit its squirming.

But it's worth it.
You'll be glad you spoke out. You'll feel better. You'll be understood.

Yeah, you could say I'm flying high tonight. Mmmhmmm...




















"Inches and Falling" The Format

6 comments:

Aimee said...

"I don't care what it does to me... We'll take our chances. We'll rise above. We'll last until the end."

Ich bin so froh. Du bist so froh. Wie froehlich.

Let's try and stay caught up. It pleases me sehr.

Sarah Stout said...

You know, I had this realization when I went to college. I decided to let myself be me and to let everyone know who I was. I'm glad to let my soul show. Even if it's been hurt sometimes, I know that I'm happier being me and sharing myself with the world. It's allowed me to improve and learn so much more about myself in relation to the world around me.

I can't wait to hear about the exciting things happening in the life of one, Claire Sorenson! :)

Allie said...

oh claire oh claire oh claire.

i can't stop smiling. :)

brooke said...

so happy to see YOU so happy. you're the greatest.

kendra and jeffrey said...

this is so perfect!

pure happiness.

maucotel said...

Claire, you are wonderful.