Sometimes I learn the most from my daydreams.
The weak will undoubtedly die. Only the strongest will survive. The beginnings of Darwin's assumptions of natural selection are unsettling to me. Yes, the strong are defined by their strength, the weak by their weakness.
But we can become stronger. We can develop greater will. We can prevail.
I am becoming a strength.
I withhold tears,
yet am unafraid
to truly weep.
Stop.
Blind yourself.
Not with darkness,
with lightness,
with brightness,
with whiteness.
Unleash your senses
locked away in the
murky deep--
the cloudy waters that would your
vision stop.
Stand for a moment on the ground
you wish.
Free your future.
See your future.
Be your future.
And now,
go.
Do.
Be.
Now.
"I think we are blind--blind, but seeing. Blind people who can see, but do not see."
--Blindness, Jose Saramago
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Did you write this just for me today? Thanks, Bear.
As you suggest, I think that the word strength is such a subjective word. Strength may come in the form of tears, or in the forcing of tears away and moving on. Strength can mean holding back unwanted words, or calling out words you know must be said. It is a many-faceted word that means so much about life and love.
P.S. I decrypted your message: "I think we are blind--blind, but seeing. Blind people who can see, but do not see."
--Blindness, Jose Saramago
This is my favorite so far.
I like the relationship between the strength and the vulnerability of lifes challenges.
Encrypted messages too...
I felt like snapping my fingers when I finished reading this.
Post a Comment