
Crayola once defined my vision of color.
Mahogany. Cerulean. Purple Mountain's Majesty. Burnt Sienna. Macaroni & Cheese.
These spring days are sharpening my eyesight better than those waxy picture makers, more effectively than a fresh pair of contacts. The trees lining the streets of this town, the bloomings in their beds of soil, are redefining what color means to me. To drive down the street is enlightening. I love that.
I'm working on just writing--without pausing, without the <--Bk Sp, without the synonym finder. And the words are coming. I am reading, because I want to, because I have the time. I spend my lunch break at home, my lap holding a plate of roast beef and cheddar cheese on Grandma's wheat, just reading.
I listen to love songs. I sit in the audience as geniuses improvisationalize--breath escapes me from the laughter they inspire, my abdominal muscles clench. I watch classic films. I don't watch classic films. I eat leftovers, I make up recipes, I satisfy cravings. I list and list and list. I get ready twice on weekdays, not until one on Saturdays.
I enjoy the summertime in my alone time and in my play time. I am with the ones I love and we are unbothered by scholastic worries.
Life is Beautiful.

5 comments:
I'm so glad you write.
It inspires me.
I love you.
oh claire. can't really think of anything much better to say than i love you.
your writing gets better with every post. i am loving this.
Are you still in Provo? If you are home in Washington, we should get together! I am enjoying your writing and the way you see life. Thanks for sharing you.
P.S. Thanks for your inspiring comment on my "lost job" post. I'm very hopeful for the future and that it will work out for me!
Claire! I love your writing. Its amazing! Keep it up!
Ps.. its been fun to get to know you better through your blog posts.
Check out our family blog:
www.elliotandrachel.blogspot.com
Post a Comment