Monday, May 18, 2009

These words

are what I choose to use today.
To describe to you the feelings of my soul today.
These words are not mine today.
But they have touched me--
today
and forever.

















But I will descend from this elevated state,
this sweeping sweet peace,
this
consuming love;
And time will close about me,

and my soul stir to the rhythm
of the daily round.

Yet,

having known,

life will not press so close,
and always I shall feel time ravel thin about me;
For I have felt
the still, pure, white presence of divinity.
(Carol Wilkinson, BYU Professor of Exercise Sciences)


receive a knowledge
honest heart
believing that you shall receive.
I will tell you,
mind and heart,
the Holy Ghost shall dwell in your heart--
Spirit of Revelation.
Therefore, this is thy gift.
Apply unto it.
It shall deliver you.
Oh, remember these words
and keep my commandments.
Remember, this is thy gift.
No other power
save the power of God.
Doubt not
the gift of God.
You shall hold it in your hands
and do marvelous works.
No power shall be able to take it away,
for it is the work of God.
You shall have knowledge.
Remember: without faith you can do nothing.
Ask in faith.
Trifle not,
that you may know the mysteries of God.
Receive knowledge
according to your faith.
It is I that have spoken it.
I am the same that spake to you
from the beginning.
Amen.

(Doctrine and Covenants-Section 8: selected lines)

Amen.

2 comments:

Sarah Stout said...

Whose words are they? They are so powerful and calming.

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

Claire! It was so great to see you last weekend. Thanks for the kind words about Ethan. He truly is such a blessing in our lives and I am glad you and Jordan were both able to meet him and play. Thanks for watching him for us. I knew he was in was safe with you two so it was nice not to worry.
I hope we get to see you again sometime! :)