two men speaking perfect english stopped to help: one taxi driver, the other a butler for josef's estate.up the swirling staircase, peeking into bureaus and corners. nothing. josef didn't know me or perhaps just hid acknowledgment. his nose was kept in the air. he already had three new americans to stay with him. i searched for my host family. i was back for a second chance: frantic, excited, just wanting to find them. i did. but then it was a classroom FULL of students studying music--no, not studying, laughing. "hey look! claire's in this class too!" everyone laughed knowingly. it wasn't poking fun laughing. it was a "how'd we all end up in the same class?" laughing. i only recognized one guy and someone from high school--knew the face, not the name. i rolled my eyes.
I woke up wanting to go back.

{Brooke, feel free to interpret as you see fit}

5 comments:
this makes me so happy but so sad too. i miss it.
my friend chelsie (from my 310 class) is living with the greindl's right now. she gets to play with jono and matthi and i don't. i need to get back there.
lets go.
lets buy our houses :)
i wish brooke could interpret all my dreams, too.
OOOOH I'm famous!
And I know what this meannnnns.
And Becky, I will absolutely interpret all of your dreams upon request.
What a wonderful experience you had... I'm proud of you for taking a leap of faith and going to Vienna. I know that experience will always been in your heart (and your dreams).
P.S. I leave to Germany in 25 days!
AMEN to that.
and has anyone mentioned how lovely you look in that photo? you and your pencil skirt, with the perfect hair and the content facial expression, jiving to odd beats, loving life as ever.
you're great.
and i love you.
Post a Comment