Wednesday, July 15, 2009

When July Opened UP

You make me feel like dancin--I wanna dance the night away.
No being can truthfully state:
You make me feel ________.

I just thought of a sentence ending with "stupid", rolled it around on my tongue, then decided I was being stupid.

When I'm around you, I let myself feel:
unintelligent
adored
important
on purpose
inferior.
This is more correct.

But who the heck cares about being "more correct"?
YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE DANCIN!
__________________________________________
This weekend of free days, I will purchase:
Ingrid Michaelson
Making April
and make a ballin mix.
cuz you know I be a baller.
__________________________________________
A collage of paint and words
(handwritten and printed)

__________________________________________
Hey Elder,
As I walked into work today, I saw today's date in my head:
July 2nd
I know this day is special for someone, but who?
Oh man, it's you!
How are you doin down there in Mehiko? It's crazy to think you're almost home and I'm almost a junior in college. Where has time gone? I've watched its flight--I've been there the whole time. I wonder what your Spanish sounds like. I wonder if you've changed at all since you've been away. I know you have. This makes me smile. See you in January...if I'm not out serving by then.
___________________________________________
I've been thinking about you today--and you and you and you too. I haven't wondered about you for a long time, but all the sudden I am SO CURIOUS...

Rain splatters this service car windshield. I am free of my deskspace and the world smells like wet trees and watery pavement.
I text as I walk.
He makes me laugh out loud.
A lot.
We've been sending messages since lunch.
HAPPY.

2 comments:

kaylie jean. said...

:) :)

Claire, I just love you.

YOU make me feel like dancin', and this post made me smile a lot.

Lyndsi Shae* said...

Girl, you's is smitten.
Mmmmmm Hmmmmm.