Monday, July 13, 2009

When the teeth of wisdom are taken away...

I am lonely.
But not depressed.
Just ready to talk to someone.
I woke up at seven am to take more medicine and write an email to my boss.
Please excuse me. I am unable to come to work today. Thank you.
I've never written a message of that sort before, but it was sort of liberating.
Grabbed my quilt and brown pillow and woke up two hours later.
Who does that?
I ate part of the sweet pork burrito that's been sitting in my fridge since Wednesday--using my front teeth to make tiny pieces I could swallow whole.
I finally bought those David songs, Brookie. Oh my. At least I have him to keep me company.
Twelve roses--six red, six white--turn their smiling faces towards me. I love that they remain a secret.
Jai Ho!
A yellowy flower rests in my journal between the honey bee page and the COMPASSION page: it came from (near) the top of Timp and made me smile with raised eyebrows. I love those take-me-off-guard-and-laugh-hysterically moments. Those are my favorite these days.
This computer needs to go off for a while. I am so tired of staring at your pulsing face. Besides, I need to find some inspiration today. None of this blank stare stuff. That's lame.
K, bye.

2 comments:

brooke said...

DAVID!!
i love him almost as much as i love you, and your blog posts, and your ever-so-slightly puffed up cheeks, and the way you laugh when you are surprised.

Becky Pitcher said...

I adore you.
I adore everything that you write.