Yo yo yo. Here I sit on this crazy suede couch, down four stairs instead of up three flights. Everything is different and everything is changing. The weekend promises me deep breaths, a best friend birthday celebration, a lovely reunion in a yellow house, a cougar-sooner football game--lots of love and lots of wonderful. Thank you, Labor Day, for being alive. Maybe I should figure out what you're all about so I can thank you more adequately. All I see of you is the No School pasted on your forehead....which is FINE.
That being said, knowledge is beautiful and the collection of knowledge beats plain knowledge into the ground. I love school! Throw me into a classroom full of other English majors, other individuals as nerdy about this stuff as I am, and I go a little nuts inside (sometimes on the outside too). Let's write try and garbage on the whiteboard in IPA. Let's explore the writings of English explorers becoming acquainted with my continent. Let's talk and laugh auf Deutsch. Let's learn to discover God's character and our own, and then realize that learning the doctrine will dispel all doubt and fear.
Let's LEARN. Let's GO TO SCHOOL. And let's LOVE IT together.
We'll start again next Tuesday, okay? Okay.
For now we be partyin. I gotta feeeeelin...that today's gonna be a good day....
*Orange color inspired by my one painted thumbnail. The shade was too summer to not carry it with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
are you an english major? so am i!
I was so excited to read a new post from you. I love reading your thoughts. Thanks for sharing. Love the orange and the just fun in your life.
Sometimes I miss college and going to school. This post reminded me of that. But, then I think I'd miss teaching and the paycheck associated with it. Best of luck with the new school year! :)
Post a Comment