Let's just talk about this for a second:
Freedom from Fear.
The alliteration makes my goosebumps stand a little higher as I soak in the reality of this notion. Make it bold, make it big, make it bounce off the page into your soul.
I. Can. Be. Free from Fear.
You can! I can! We all can!
Elder Holland's words pierced me through my body this morning as I read of Moses and the Israelites,
"Nobody had ever crossed the Red Sea this way, but so what? There's always a first time."
Who am I to say that God will not prepare a way for me to walk through my ocean and remain dry? Who am I to doubt the God of all the universe? Who am I to say I cannot do when I am a creation of the God who is capable of doing all?
On this day, the fifteenth of two thousand nine's October, I have been assured that God will overpower Satan's insistent efforts to wear me down through fear. God will illuminate my mind with the courage to push, push, push through my trials and THEN provide a way for me to do it! Has this ever hit you before? Like really hit you?
Fear destroys faith.
Fear robs us of power.
Fear decreases our capacity to feel love and to love.
Fear is irrational.
Fear keeps us from doing our work well.
Fear keeps us from doing God's work at all.
So loved ones, let us HUSH OUR FEARS.
Silence their slicing insults to your confidence. Smack them in the face and proclaim,
I will not listen!
If you need help feeling capable of taking the world over, try reading this talk. Then get back to me. Or at least write down how you feel.
Or tell somebody about it!
Do something with this epiphany.
Amen.
Also, if anyone was wondering what religion class they should take next semester, it is
LDS Marriage and Family
(not to be confused with Marriage Prep),
Kent Brooks.
Dude, he's so great.
On this day, the fifteenth of two thousand nine's October, I have been assured that God will overpower Satan's insistent efforts to wear me down through fear. God will illuminate my mind with the courage to push, push, push through my trials and THEN provide a way for me to do it! Has this ever hit you before? Like really hit you?
Fear destroys faith.
Fear robs us of power.
Fear decreases our capacity to feel love and to love.
Fear is irrational.
Fear keeps us from doing our work well.
Fear keeps us from doing God's work at all.
So loved ones, let us HUSH OUR FEARS.
Silence their slicing insults to your confidence. Smack them in the face and proclaim,
I will not listen!
If you need help feeling capable of taking the world over, try reading this talk. Then get back to me. Or at least write down how you feel.
Or tell somebody about it!
Do something with this epiphany.
Amen.
Also, if anyone was wondering what religion class they should take next semester, it is
LDS Marriage and Family
(not to be confused with Marriage Prep),
Kent Brooks.
Dude, he's so great.

8 comments:
hmm. I'll definitely think about that class. Sounds inspiring.
goodness gracious. i love you. and your boldness and your spirit. i got chills.
FREEDOM FROM FEAR.
it's just so right.
feels right.
of COURSE it's right.
AMEN!
Also, Prof Brooks, what a guy! love him.
Ha, yep, I have to admit--I really enjoyed Prof Brooks's class.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahahhhhhhhhhhh
i am grinning so wide and chills are going up and down my arms!!
you are so strong. and i get strength from you. which means a whole lot to me, and makes me wake up every morning grateful to know you.
it's real.
confession: I have been reading your blog for the past 4 months. Hope you don't think that's crazy.
The thing is, you have now posted something that spurs me to action. I have to tell you how much your blog inspires me, and how much I look forward to reading what you write. Your skill with words astounds me, and I love your style. I love that you're not afraid to publicly declare how you feel, and how flawlessly you do it. A+.
And yes, Bro. Brooks is the man. He wrote the most amazing letter of rec for me. And I loved his class. I learned more about fostering good relationships than I ever have.
Fear is a dangerous thing. Thank you for posting this.
"At a man's heart, hope isn't the last thing that dies, after that there is a slight fear, and by that, two things can result within his soul: an endless reign of fear, that will haunt him to last his days, or a fear so strong about what he can lose, that makes him undertake any obstacle, and regain hope, at last." -Marcel Gaston
"If we were logical, the future would be bleak indeed. But we are more than logical. We are human beings, and we have faith and we have hope, and we can work" -Jacques Cousteau
I'm getting back to you: I printed out the talk last night and am in the process of marking it up and looking up the scriptures. Thank you for your empowering insights. Your "Claire-ness" certainly shines through your writing. Yo mama loves you.
I needed to hear this... I needed this reminder. Sometimes I let the fear of not being successful at something keep me from even trying. I hope that I can someday also achieve "Freedom from Fear!"
Post a Comment