"I feel strangely attached to you."
"It is scary, I tell you!"
"Of course though, it is for the better. But you know that."
"Heavenly Father is your guiding influence...bringing you energy and vitality."
"Sometimes. Only on the weekends."
I AM GRATEFUL FOR...
the rain on this day of needed contemplation.
The peaks of red and gold and forest green reaching around and over me and the Temple.
The urge, the need to get to the Temple grounds as quickly as I could.
An hour to drive on the freeway.
Free.
Way.
I talked to God and through my spoken words, He spoke back to me.
There is refreshment in speaking aloud to Deity.
IN ORDER TO RELAX, I...
run mileage.
Feel the invigoration and mind purification of pulling my hair straight back and tying up my blue and white Sauconys.
Drive by myself.
Press toward the mountains and always end up in the Temple parking lot.
Its presence ahead of me, physically standing atop its hill, is still reachable.
Is steady for me.
In order to relax, I play piano music: through ear buds or with my fingertips.
Either way, I play with my soul.
These things are my therapy.
MY CONVICTIONS LIE...
in the words of God's messengers.
I love our Prophet and I know he speaks what the Lord would have us hear.
Listen.
My convictions lie in keeping the Sabbath day holy.
In the Lord's words to me: you are on the right path, I will guide you.
Sometimes you must take a few steps into the darkness before anything feels right.
I KNOW...
my life is guided.
I cannot fear the future, for I am a "steadfast follower".
I look ever forward with ever strengthening optimism.
I will live up to the definition presented from President Eyring.
THIS WEEK, I WILL...
take breaks during study sessions.
Go running twice.
Make healthy food (with variety).
Do everything I can with my time, even if that something is just nothing for a few minutes.
Stop to write a letter.
Make cookies with Katie.
Call Janny.
Make someone's day.
Remember that this always makes my day better.
I will take time for solitary stillness. I will not forget the peace this brings--it is vital for my sanity.
BE SANE.
The old-fashioned, non-digital, legitimate way.
Smell the ink.
It never gets old.

4 comments:
Oh oh oh! I love this! I will never cease to be amazed and inspired by you!
Remember that you always make MY day.
luh,
kenj.
Love the words, but a question for you.
I love that you always have different fonts and positioning of the words. Like the right justification this time. And then you also had center justification. How do you do that?
A few months ago my Mamaw told me she likes to pray on the road. Outloud.
"Mamaw me too! I do it all the time!" I said.
Then, my mom confessed to the same.
We are an intergenerational stream of car prayers.
I'm so glad you did it.
I love that doctrine is so real and present-tense to you. I feel your resolve.
We're making cookies?
Ballin'.
You can definitely complete that goal.
Post a Comment