Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dear world,

This is Claire reporting from the top of the earth.


























I sat down with my supervisor today and told him straight up:

they want me to have a lead position at this journal I haven't told you about yet.

I need to move upwards and outwards

toward my goals

and away from this lateral motion.

We decided I'd be finished on December 30th.



I walked up to my professor today and asked him straight up:

do you need any TAs for next semester?
He doesn't, but would love to give me referrals.

I'm gonna check it out tomorrow.



I came home from work today and told myself straight up:

God knows what he's doing.

He gave you a big calling just when you thought you couldn't handle anymore

(you're readin the words of the new 1st counselor of Relief Society 2).

He is guiding you through these decisions

and providing time to make the work happen.

He knows you're capable,

because He wouldn't trust you so much otherwise.



I'm an event lead for a major BYUSA event.

I do believe I have a date on Friday.

And sledding on Thursday.

And an interview...

in fifteen minutes.



Peace.

5 comments:

kendra and jeffrey said...

Oh my dear you are on top of the world! And rightly so. You deserve it my friend.

Matt Davies said...

It sounds like everything is falling right into place for you!! God does know what He's doing!

Ang and Shawn said...

Claire. . . I just stumbled upon your blog & I'm so glad! I guess we have not been good about staying in contact. Are you still at BYU provo?

Lyndsi Shae* said...

Girl you are DANG PRODUCTIVE.
Mmmmm Hmmmm.
I'm happy that your days feel like this.

Sarah Stout said...

Such exciting things! You and I have the same calling. Enjoy yourself. Support your president. Good luck with all forthcoming events.