Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Among Many Things,

I miss this place.
Would you believe that I've almost filled up two journals since I last wrote to you?

1. White-space journ
2. Brown-paper journ

Would you believe that I've made an incredible love discovery that is rocking me silly (and my decisions and my thoughts and my time on the telephone)?
These days I write things down to figure them up, out and around.
Wear my CTR ring again and like the touch of silver glinting as I type.
Go to a classroom where we stand by our chairs and have Confession Time.
And it counts for a grade!
I am laughing at Shakespeare's puns and reading them aloud with a boy.
Just a boy.
{Now that's the understatement of the century.}
Someday I'll tell you the whole story.
I can't wait for that day.

I feel like listing every responsibility I've had since December 9, 2009--the day I last wrote to you here. That was a funny thing to leave up for so long: jargon about my English Language final.
I'm having a hard time typing this out.
My mind is in the Bookstore
and in my dirty bathroom
and in Draper
(especially there)
and in my German class tomorrow
and in a student journal meeting
and
I have to be somewhere by 7:30.

Oh, responsibility. Release me from your grips and I will be utterly
Bored.

Which involves no exhilaration whatsoever.

So I guess I'll keep you around.

Stream
of
Conscious.

4 comments:

kendra and jeffrey said...

You're back!! This pleases me.

You're words conjure up a sort of musical rhythm when I read them. I LOVE it.

wry said...

LOVING THIS.

you know what's interesting? How reading about other people's happiness makes me happy. I was sad till I read your posts.

congratulations universe, you win.

Lyndsi Shae* said...

oh my gosh you called him your love discovery!

i love you and my mind is everywhere too and i love you.

Chioma said...

What class do you have confession time in?