I want desperately to post something right NOW, but all I can think of are the super weird thoughts rolling along through my head. Please bear with me. It's been a long day.
..........................................................................................................................................................................
Number one: Before opening a tin can of any sort, I rinse off the top. I always have, I always will. I don't know of any logic behind it. It's just what my mom does, so I follow suit.
Number two: When I walk, I must be holding something. The buckle straps on my backpack, a certain young man's hand, the band on my purse. When I don't have anything to hold, I wrap my four other fingers around my thumb. My own corporeal security blanket? I don't know. I can't explain myself. Lately, my thumbs are finding the tops of my ring fingers. But that may have more of a reason.
Number three: Writing so frequently, erryday, has made me a more eloquent speaker. This is a good thing. I like to stumble over my words sometimes--and by like to, I mean I can't help it.
Number four: Aimee's brother, Anthony, and sister-in-law, Jana, drove a moving van all the way to Virginia and spent a few days in D.C. for free. They were doing service-- for a woman who is too well on in years to make the drive herself. But did I mention that they went to the east coast for free?
Number five: Please consider reading Frankenstein aloud with someone you love (I'm sure it's cool by yourself too...but kinda weird). Either way, please prepare to have your mind blown by doing so.
Number six: My printer is sittin' in the corner over there all hooked up..for the first time in approximately one year. Imagine the benefits of having your own printer-outer in the corner. It's swell (Aim, I loved the title to your post today).
Number seven: AMERRIKUH!!!
Number eight: e pa' 'lla, pa' 'lla muchaaaaacho.
Number nine: Remember this?

Me too.
K, bze.

7 comments:
Why would your thumb go to the top of your ring fingers all the time. Is it missing something or is something there?
Love the picture, what fun.
I don't rinse the lid just wipe it with a wet cloth, it is to wipe away the dust or germs.
Love your random thoughts.
hahahah. your post is great but ellen's comment is even better. ps. i love 7x7's. pss, i love being married so so sooooooooooooooooo much. you will too
'Merickuh. Can't remember how you spelled it, but it was better.
You are great, and I demand more blogging out of you.
Number One: Rinsing the lid of the can washes off anything icky that has landed there, before the contents are exposed. And my mom did it, too. Doesn't it just make sense?? Like rinsing off a watermelon before you cut into it...
Number Two: I wake up with my thumbs tucked into my fists. Weird. Camille does this too! Genetics?
I also rinse of my can lids for the same reason your mother said. My father did it and I'm sure his father (or mother!) did it before him. Interesting how small acts pass from generation to generation.
Keep writing, Claire, you won't regret it.
P.S. I'm with Ellen. Why the ring finger? I know that it was plural, but I'm assuming the plural was carefully chosen just to keep us guessing. :)
baaaaaahh. so many people have already commented. i feel behind. but. i love this post. i'm so glad i got to see you on sunday. and i'm so glad you liked the word 'swell'. and i LOVE that picture from the bottom of my heart.
lets have a 7X7 reunion :)
I love number eight. seriously.
Also, look how popular you are! so amny comments.
Post a Comment