Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Me & We.

Some days I sit at my right-back-corner deskspace and wrestle with the want to WRITE.
Some days my thoughts go wild and my abdomen aches as it wills me to self-control.
Some days I play a movie in my head: Claire--kicking off her brown, leather, square-toed, grown-up work shoes--and flying through that glass door. Just to feel the sunshine turn her hair hot.
Some days I imagine Claire's Life if its current plans decided not to work out...and it's not that bad.

Tonight it's a night with the girls. Five o'clock sharp, we begin. And you know what? I'm ecstatic.

We will quilt hunt. We will Barnes & Noble peruse. We will Wal-Mart face powder and mascara purchase. We will GIGGLE, silently and roaringly, for minutes straight. We will add to our folders of wedding photographs stolen from the world wide web.

We will blog post fifty hundred times. We will read scripture aloud. We will kneel around our coffee table. We will hug around our coffee table. We will cook up some sort of culinary masterpiece, pulling its recipe from nothing more than our imaginations.

We will be we.
I am ecstatic.



P.S.
blogger.com will not allow me to font or text size change. Hmph.
How bland of it.


bland is such a bland word.
Which is my favorite: when written words are their meanings.

4 comments:

kaylie jean. said...

I wish I was there. :(

Also, you should just adjust the html of your layout-- you've got a text transformer in there somewhere, and it's mocking your creativity. be rid of it, claire. :)

i love you.

brooke said...

As I sit here in my $4.00 D.I. dress, I am thankful for you.
Gosh last night was great.
Wish Kenj had been there.
Oh, and Kaylie too :)

Sarah Stout said...

Onomatopoeiaic is what bland is.

I'm glad that you had a girl's night. Those are necessary to stay grounded and show friends you still care (even if you are dating someone).

My favorite line of today's post: "Just to feel the sunshine turn her hair hot."

Jesse Nicholas Quebbeman-Turley said...

Claire. You write really really well. I like it.

Thank you for reading my blog.