Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I set my scene:

I am intensified.
Two fruits of the same make,
but their spirits separate.

Number one, I am cross-legged
in the Mtn Spring Street grass.
Fuzz tickles my lips and I bite into the scene:
Hot sun
and Janny's filling the kiddy pool--
the blue one with green turtles swimming.
She steps in with me.
I sink in.
I dunk my head.
I am enveloped.

Number two, I am still right here.
Firm with smooth skin,
a touch of hair to make it real.
The bottom goes soft--thrown around
with books and pens
and a bag of walnuts.
I press,
my firmness overpowering its tensity.
Harder.
Break open and
ooze
everything out the fleshy hole.
I tear with my teeth.
Wider,
wider,
consumed!

Two pits lay side by side,
their spirits far apart
though their beings are like they never moved--
they remain where they lay before.

You feel me?












Apricots

1 comment:

brooke said...

okay, like, i try to like, not comment on every single post, but like, they're just too good. like this one.